[HELP] ATI Fixture Having Issues

marquiseo

Market
Reaction score
I arrived home and went to my tank to only see 2 bulbs on. So I removed the bulbs and started to alternate them around. Some fired on while 2 didn't. So I tested those bulbs and those work. Some of the bulbs would ALMOST fire and makes a beeping sound on some of the alternating I did. Here is a video below. Anyone have an answer for my issue?

I bought the fixture on Sept. 25, 2014.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

If you bought it new, contact the store you got it from. If it's used, contact ATI of north america and see what they recommend. It's most likely a ballast...possibly loose connection or a ballast could be going bad. You could always open the fixture and make sure the ballast wires are properly secure.

glxtrix;993914 wrote: If you bought it new, contact the store you got it from. If it's used, contact ATI of north america and see what they recommend. It's most likely a ballast...possibly loose connection or a ballast could be going bad. You could always open the fixture and make sure the ballast wires are properly secure.

Thanks for replying. I contacted the LFS. I will, also, take a look at the fixture today when I arrive home from work.

Hi Marquise, I have some experience with these fixtures and would be happy to chat later if that might help, PM for my cell. The wires slide into the ballasts so its possible one is loose, doubtful but worth a look. Could be a loose wire on a bulb/holder/socket. I would not expect a problem with an ATI fixture but sometimes a a ballast can go bad.

I deal with these a lot as well in my field of work. That beep you hear, Is that coming from the ballast, is it a buzz from the bulb, or is there some type of sunrise, sunset controller?

Newjack;994156 wrote: I deal with these a lot as well in my field of work. That beep you hear, Is that coming from the ballast, is it a buzz from the bulb, or is there some type of sunrise, sunset controller?

It is from the bulb I believe. I am not sure. I just know that there is an audible tone that sounds when I lockin the bulb. In the video, when you see that flash, that is the time when that time goes off. It is not a dimmable fixture.

ok, sounds like a ballast. Digital ballast are hit and miss. Some never mess up alot do
have you tried resetting the entire fixture? Sometimes unplugging it for 30 mins can fix digital ballasts.. Analog ballast never did this but they also used alot more power.

Back