Help! Coral dying, not happy, advice please

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
56BFAD6B-FDED-4310-95E1-B9181D4D5E60_zpsty8ykkc8.jpg
alt="" />:sick:

6B3AD133-5E05-473A-95CD-86BC14BF57F4_zpsm50y5wcr.jpg
alt="" />
Upon purchase this hasn't been happy. It was advertised as WYSIWG with beautiful colors, yellow ,blue, lime green and bright red. One side of the skeleton was showing when I got it over 8 weeks ago (by mail) but I thought it would pull out of it.

Upon arrival I placed it in the middle of the tank, 50-50 LED Radion lighting and 175 MH.

When there was no improvement about 3 weeks later, I moved it up a little higher with more flow.

With no improvement I moved to its current position in the bottom 1/3 of the tank under 175 MH getting medium flow.
I try to feed it several times at week with no interest.

Where would you place this sad little guy? I really don't want to lose it!

Thanks

It looks like a blasto. Have you dipped it lately? I'd try dipping in coral rx or something similar to see if that helps.

Sean, no I haven't dipped it since I got it. Don't you think that would just stress it out more?

Not if there's a pest causing it's demise. Just follow the directions and don't dip for to long.

Jimmyb819;1017944 wrote: Not if there's a pest causing it's demise. Just follow the directions and don't dip for to long.

I don't think it from a pest. I've had it for months and have no other issues or even seen pests.

HiImSean;1017941 wrote: It looks like a blasto. Have you dipped it lately? I'd try dipping in coral rx or something similar to see if that helps.

After the dip would you put it in higher flow and light? It's obviously not happy now and has been there for at least 3 weeks.

Blastos should be good in moderate light and low-moderate flow. I wouldn't use high flow especially for one with an exposed skeleton...

But but but it's not getting any better at low flow low light!

It even looks worse than when I brought it down from higher light three weeks ago!

I want to say this thing so desperately!

9254A469-AE21-4907-AD16-3BDB975EAD0A_zpsdsbplbgj.jpg
alt="" />
2519F3CD-254A-4574-ACFC-3A9C1B6AF225_zpsuzwchzt9.jpg
alt="" />
DFBA0A60-728D-4BCF-858E-A8FF55FF6322_zps6bc1uliy.jpg
alt="" />

Prams, SPS, LPS, fish all doing REALLY good!

I purchased these Acans at the same time, they were ONE head each!

The Blasto has 3 babies on the back side and has tripled in size!

Lps can be funny sometimes getting it just where its happy, fwiw my blasto's are considerably higher than my acan's so maybe your correct in your thinking it needs more light , but idk really because there easily adapted to a wide range of lighting , id just watch it and change the elevation slowly whatever you decide to do remember it will take a long time to die dwindling from too little light , but if it gets too much to fast it could un do months of growth in a days time .
Good luck , I hope it pulls through for you

Back