Help i need ot know what to do

joshl

Market
Reaction score
My dog while i was at work to day jumped up and put a hole in my tank so all 50 gallons of water, sand and fish were on the floor
my live rock is somewhat wet is there any chance for it and the few fish that were still alive are in a goldfish bowl

i dont know what to do!
but it kill my dog--not really but i feel like it

Place rock in a tub of saltwater with a powerhead. Someone may have a tank you can borrow:sad:

How did your dog manage to break the tank and not bleed to death? Not necessarily doubting, just trying to get a visual.

she is a 80lb german short hair pointer she has been bad about running and hitting the tank with her front paws this week and i was afraid this would happen and if you dont want to beleave me then come on over and help me pull up hardwood floors theres no other way this tank could have cracked the way it did and as far as a top fin being tempered dont ever beleave that!

I'm a dog person....yeah, I can see that happening. I had a male boxer that, if I would have had a tank when I had him, probably would have done the EXACT same thing. She probably thought it was funny to watch the fish freak out and scatter.

Hope she is ok, its tough to heal badly cut pads on feet.

As far as your hardwood floors, I couldn't help you tear them up, but I know someone that does that sort of thing and does it for a reasonable rate. I also know someone else that has a good bit of their Bella hardwood flooring left over after a huge project.....if you are in the market.

Good luck, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

well the update, i was able to save the floors except a few pieces which i have few boxes left over from when i did it i will just replace those, and the fish 2 clowns,1 smal regal tank and a green chrome are all doing fine as of this morning i have kinda kept my live rock wet with what little saltwater i had maybe 2-3 gallons but i am off to work now

thanks for all the help!
josh

Back