Help Identify please

cfrank84

Market
Reaction score
I am still new to reef keeping and i found this in my torch coral tonight.. i have been noticing that it isnt extending much lately and the tips are looking bothered.. not sure if this is why but maybe.. can someone tell me what this is? looks almost like a tiny hairy crab?i tried to drag and drop but not sure if it worked.. its a horrible pic but i dont know what it is or if i need to try and get it out

if this is the wrong thread im sorry mods please move to correct spot

guess it didnt work

photo-1.jpg
alt="" />

i caught whatever kind of crab it is and it is sitting in a tupperware in SW if someone wants it cool if not its going in boiling water then the trash.. **** thing is the reason my torch has been loosing tips i caught it with half of the "tenticle" or whatever the "arms" of a torch coral would be called in his claw

Yah I think maybe a mantis shrimp guy might want it for the circle of life but otherwise I would end it as well. Perhaps you could feed it back to the torch? :)

how would i feed it back to the torch? i didnt know my torch ate real stuff i thought he was photosynthetic :-/

All LPS have mouths and will eat stuff :). God gave them mouths so they can eat. I was just kidding about feeding the crab back to the torch but if you're into poetic justice then by all means go for it! If I was going to try this... I would roughly chop up the crap, mix with tank water and shoot it at the torch with a baster. It may not care for the shells though...

i really wish he wasnt bad or that i could toss him in the back with the lr rubble.. i hate to kill things but o well not like i can give him away lol and

Back