help me build an aquarium room

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
were moving into a house with an unfinished basement... cement floors... the walls are rocked, the ceiling is still open with flex ducts..

I can have a ROOM!

If you were going to build a room JUST for your tank, what would you do?
WITHIN REASON

B

Well depending on how big the room is, you could probaly divide the room in half and make half of it a sump room and put your tank on the other half of the room. And I thought tou were getting out? Lol

JC_k;967562 wrote: Well depending on how big the room is, you could probaly divide the room in half and make half of it a sump room and put your tank on the other half of the room. And I thought tou were getting out? Lol

That's what I'd do. Was it plumbed for a bath in the basement? If you could incorporate your room near the "bath room" you could make life much easier on yourself.

SnowManSnow;967557 wrote:

If you were going to build a room JUST for your tank, what would you do?

WITHIN REASON

B

Put a sign on the door that says "No Girls Allowed!"

(My wife and all three kids are girls.)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Use Google sketch up to create a scale diagram of your basement and the potential placement of the tank/room. Then, we can get the creative party started.

I assume you mean sump room. I wouldn't put a tank in some random room your wife is allowing unless you're going to do a frag farm or something. Make sure it's in the main "living area" for more enjoyment. :)

Back