Help me choose...

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Alright, so I have put a lot of effort into the design and function of my new display, but have not really given my QT/HT that much thought yet. I kind of know what I want and I have gone through a couple of tanks, but have not found something that seems to fit. I know that I want something that is nice, and not something that looks like garbage. I plan on keeping the QT/HT in a nook in the living room that is next to my fireplace (where my old 57g tank used to sit). The space that I have for the tank will allow for up to a 36"x20" footprint, and a height of up to 24". I am at the point now where I am deciding between two different types of systems. One a full tank and sump configuration, or just picking up an AIO tank. Besides my 100g reef tank, i will eventually setup a 180-220g FO system. I want the QT/HT tank to be large enough to house multiple specimens at a time, yet not too large that it costs an arm and leg to do regular water changes. I know that once I use certain meds in the tank, that it will not be able to be used as a reef tank, but I really do not care about this. I just want something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. I will be using SeaChem matrix to help establish a filter for QT use, so having a compartment or other way to incorporate is important. I will also likely plumb a SW supply line and drain line to the tank, no matter which one I choose.

So, here are my options I see at this time:

1. A 65g Marineland (RR tank and ~20g sump/wetdry or just a non-drilled tank and use a canister filter that I already have).

or

2. An Innovative Marine Fusion 20, 30L, or 40.

I am leaning towards the 65g tank, but not sure that I really need that much tank. Was hoping to get some input, as I like hearing what you guys think. So please, tell me your thoughts.

Here is a pic of the space I will be putting it in, as well as my old 57g setup just after it was setup. Kind of wish I wouldn't have sold it now...

9YnNZgr.jpg
alt="" />

A 65g tank has the same footprint, just 3-4" taller.

I'm with you and vote for the 65, but I would go with the drilled tank if you plan on always having it running and ready for emergancies.

I was thinking of that, and to be honest, the spot where I am going to put it is where I eventually want to put a frag tank. I ended picking up a Nuvo 20g for now, it will get me by for a while. I always have a 55g I can setup in a pinch, should I need to.

Back