Help me Id This

bhbbhb

Market
Reaction score
I have these red bubble type items in my overflow. They actually are round - have a firm but pliable outer shell and some sort of gooey clear liquid in them. Any ideas?
So I am curious if anyone can help me id these red bubble items. They are a little smaller than a pencil eraser.

At first I thought they may be Banggai eggs since I recently found a Banggai Cardinal Fry in my sump. But I thought the male mouthbroods them until they hatch and these seem too big. { As a side note the baby Banggais is still alive and this is week 2. I was able to place it in an isolation tank.}

thanks
Bruce
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
965971=54770-get-attachment1.jpg
>
965971=54770-get-attachment1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="get-attachment1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
965971=54769-get-attachment2.jpg
>
965971=54769-get-attachment2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="get-attachment2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
965971=54771-get-attachment3.jpg
>
965971=54771-get-attachment3.jpg
class="gc-images" title="get-attachment3.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes of course ....... feel dumb for asking --- thanks for the reply. I have had green bubble algae before - but first time dealing with this Red Bubble Algae - I guess popping them - will just release more spores. I'll have to find a way to remove. They are stuck pretty tight into the over flow...
thanks
BHB

Was able to remove most of them without popping them --- one did pop - so I will just have to wait and see. I have never had them in my tanks before - not sure how they made it into this one...will need to do some research ... maybe too much light - I also tend to overfeed my fish --- perhaps my RO unit is not removing everything it should.

So - now that I have removed the "Red Bubble Algae" - should I be concerned about the dark red algae growing all over my rocks? It's even on some of my snails and the shell of my clam. I attached a photo. Not talking about the purple coralline algae - but the dark red spots. Any thoughts - comments - suggestions?
Thanks Bruce
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
966354=54790-image.jpg
>
966354=54790-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Some corals and some critter came with my live rock. Hope someone can help me ID these
mume5u2e.jpg
alt="" />
7a4azu4a.jpg
alt="" />
a6e5a3eq.jpg
alt="" />
y2a2epan.jpg
alt="" />
asyrurez.jpg
alt="" />
he2esa3u.jpg
alt="" />

There are some live polyps on the candy cane.they started new young polyps too.

Dying and upside down Candy Cane (Caulastrea sp.)

Sponge - harmless filter feeder.

Galaxea sp. Can be very aggressive - watch what is downstream from it, it can throw out some really long, really potent sweepers.

Jenn

I think the candy canes are coming back. now I see some healthy polyps growing. before that , it was just two light green heads. now about 7 .

also :) yeah I kept it up side up later. its just picture was better when I turned it . you can see the new polyps on the side. they seems to be excited when I spot feed .

Back