Help me identify this coral

purplegorilla

Reaction score
I got this frag for free when I bought a fish from a member. Well, its been growing. I dont' know what it is..Its purple. Picture isn't that great, got bunch of fancy camera equipments but can't take any picture that is worth a d*mn.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
85196=5385-coral.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
85196=5385-coral.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="coral.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Looks like a monty.... could be porites, but have to see how those branches develope....

I thought Digitata grows long branches and up..This seems like to spread. But what do I know.

thought Digitata grows long branches and up..This seems like to spread

Monti's IMHO are pretty unpredictable in their growth pattern. I lost just about all of my 7" tall green digi. It is coming back but has decided to plate first across the LR and is now starting to shoot up. The base has now tripled in size.

My first guess it is Monit Digi as well, just by looking at the polyps.

They are easy to keep. I've now got a blue base and green polyp one that I don't think many Atlanta Reefers have. May have to trade that to you for a ride in your fancy pickem up truck you drive so fast in now days :thumbs:

dough;85222 wrote: Monti's IMHO are pretty unpredictable in their growth pattern. I lost just about all of my 7" tall green digi. It is coming back but has decided to plate first across the LR and is now starting to shoot up. The base has now tripled in size.

My first guess it is Monit Digi as well, just by looking at the polyps.

They are easy to keep. I've now got a blue base and green polyp one that I don't think many Atlanta Reefers have. May have to trade that to you for a ride in your fancy pickem up truck you drive so fast in now days :thumbs:

Hahaa, sure man..I will definitely take up on that offer. Because the Supercharger came in today..Was gonna install it tomorrow on my day off but it is missing some parts..:(. So gonna call them up first thing in the morning to B*tch them out.

Back