Help me!

sica118

Market
Reaction score
So I got an anemone yesterday and put it in my tank it was doing good all yesterday but I did not like where it was so I flipped the rock around. Well I wake up at 6 in the morning and find it laying on the sand bed. I spend time trying to get it to stick to a rock but he kept getting pushed around. I eventually turned my power head off and left him on a rock. Now it's 11 power head is still off and he looks like this. Any suggestions on what I should I am going to get smaller powerheads but what should I do about my anemone.
2aff057d2ca43eb490b4c6649cff2a15.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tank has been up for about a month and a half.

He is all puffed up missing tentacles and only half of his foot is attaching.

They is not much u can do to help him along, they are very hardy and would probably end up fine.
I'd leave him be and let him do his own thing unless he goes floating in the water.

Yeah I turned the power head back on and that's what he started doing.

If you have a container with a bunch of holes in it, put him and a piece of rock in there and place in the tank.

Okay, any suggestions on smaller power heads.

Sica118;1026507 wrote: Okay, any suggestions on smaller power heads.

Nah, if it's controllable, turn it down a bit if you still have other stuff in the tank that needs flow, leave it.
All you really need to do is make sure your water is right and keep him from getting sucked in the power head.

It's not controllable. And no matter where I put him he gets blown to much.

Except for on the backside of the rocks where you can't see him.

I was always told not to add nems to a tank less than 6 months old.

+1 on the container, I did this once with success. if not I would suggest selling it.

Nickh06;1026540 wrote: I was always told not to add nems to a tank less than 6 months old.
Thats what they say ,I think it's more about time learning the tank and husbandry etc to make sure parameters are all in line.

Tbub1221;1026551 wrote: Thats what they say ,I think it's more about time learning the tank and husbandry etc to make sure parameters are all in line.

+1. If your parameters are stable, and you have a good idea what's gong on, I say go for it.

He is looking better thank you everyone. I also bought a weaker power head.

He is hiding under a rock at the moment.

I'm late to the party... Sorry.

Anemones are weird people. They'll do all sorts of weird things. I eventually learned that they are going to do their thing, and most of the time, that's just how they are

I really like the container suggestion.

Glad to see its doing better. Wait until the day it decides it wants to be tiny, purple, and shriveled up. That will get your attention if you don't know about it beforehand! That's just another one of those things those little rascals do! :)

Back