HELP.... my anemone try to eat my maroon clown...

brazilian

Market
Reaction score
she try.. I got home in time... the fish is bang up but alive... I pull my female clown from inside my nem... can someone explain...????

ouch! I once had a Manns Anenome that ate one of my Clarkis (in front of several people) we wached it happen and I freaked out, I did not try to get him out or anything but about an hour later my Clarki was swimming around the tank like nothing ever happened. I figure the Clarki just beat and bashed his way back out of there?

Brazilian;265254 wrote: she try.. I got home in time... the fish is bang up but alive... I pull my female clown from inside my nem... can someone explain...????

Never heard of this. It can't be a BTA..

:yuk:

no guys is a green bta... i have a movie with the fish gasping.... the fish host on the nem for 3 weeks now.. all good till today.

So do you think the Nem "bang up" or do you think the pulliing of the fish from the nem did damage?

do you know the little fengs the maroon have on the side of theyr mouth??? on is already melting away... the face of the fish is almost black... wathever the nem use to melt flesh was eating the maroon. I'm working to put the movie on youtube... hold tight.

after looking on wath I recorded from the incident... I think I know what happen.: The nem open her mouth wide open, the spike on the clown got stuck insed the nem mouth by accident, and the nem closed up her mouth and start disolve the flesh of the clown thinking was food and not her good friend the maroon.

Feed her well, I have seen several female clowns that have thrashed there bodies during egg laying and always seem to heal quickly.

Good luck!

Brazilian;265446 wrote: the left eye, and the left spike are melted away. but she's back on the nem.

is the clown eating ok?? Since the eye and spike are "melted"??????

NotiReef;265449 wrote: is the clown eating ok?? Since the eye and spike are "melted"??????
no the Clown is not eating, or did not eat at all last night. but Lets see tonight.

Back