Help My Foxface!

thanh386

Market
Reaction score
Ok overthe past month or so, my foxface is losing his color. He's no longer the bright yellow he once was. But more gray now. I dont know what to do. I feed a cycle of ORA pellets, Formula Foods, San Francisco brine (I know it's crappy), and seaweed. I dont know how to get his color back. None of my other fishes are suffering from similar issues.

-Thanh

Does he lose his color temporarily then it comes back or is it looking like a permanent change?

I agree with Barb. It is probably stress related. I have two, the one in my 210 somtimes turns "gray" but it typically does not last very long. They also change color when they go to sleep at night.

Only thing even close enough to bully him is a yellow tang. And He'll just smack the tang if he's annoyed. It's a 90 gallon. My water parameters are acceptable. Low calcium atm, but that should affect fish. The color is permanent. When he goes to sleep it' gets darker. Someone told me that flakes can get fish to color up. think this would help?

I still think it is emotional rather then environmental. If he is eating and acting normal otherwise, I would give it some time. Mine paled for quite some time before returning to the bright yellow. There may be others with much more experience with these fish than me that might have a better answer. I would keep feeding him a varied diet, including the nori and I think his color will reappear.

Back