Help: Pagoda looking sick again

kwajtrader

Market
Reaction score
Several weeks ago this pagoda had what looked like a dead polyp (or something shaped like a crab) but seemed to have recovered (picture without any circles). Two days ago it happened again (red circle) and then tonight it looked like the tissue was dying on the right side (green circle). Does anyone know what this is and what I should do? I'm getting ready to pull it out of my DT and put it into quarantine tank with two other. Thanks.

Yeah, definitely some tissue recession there. For some reason, this guy is not happy. It's a very pretty specimen. Maybe someone has some tips for saving the rest?

One of my electric blue crabs seems to spend a lot of time sitting on top of him, but it looked like he was just cleaning it off, but maybe he's doing more than just that.

I have a purple pagoda that started to get spots on it that looked similar to the 2nd pic. It wasn't glued down so I moved it higher up for more light and spot fed it more often for about 2 weeks and it healed up for me.

What did you spot feed it? I've been using a mix of mysis and cyclopeeze about once a week or so. This happened pretty rapidly.

I've been using Brightwells "zooplanktos" which i believe is about the same as cyclopeeze. I used it every day until it healed up (2 weeks or so) i did use mysis twice a week my CBS would steal it all until i took the advice of the guys at creation reef and cut a 2 liter bottle of coke in half and isolated the pagoda as best i could with it until he had a chance to eat.

Update! That white thing that looked like a dead polyp was something that looked like a little white flat crab. I was feeding everything and I saw some movement. When I poked at it it moved. I tried getting it into a container but it got away. I'm guessing it will come back. Is this the source of the problem?

Over a month has gone by and the Pagoda had been recovering and then this thing came back. I was able to knock it off and get it out of the tank. Not sure if it is a crab, but here are some photos. Any ideas what this is?

kwajtrader;328211 wrote: Several weeks ago this pagoda had what looked like a dead polyp (or something shaped like a crab) but seemed to have recovered (picture without any circles). Two days ago it happened again (red circle) and then tonight it looked like the tissue was dying on the right side (green circle). Does anyone know what this is and what I should do? I'm getting ready to pull it out of my DT and put it into quarantine tank with two other. Thanks.

Check out melvesreef.com. He has a section on the website that shows good and bad things for your tanks.

Just out of curiosity, what is normal polyp extension for a pagoda? When I had a yellow clown goby, it would extend like the one pictured in #16, but since the CBS ate the goby, and it has stopped perching on the pagoda, it has doubled or even tripled its polyp extension and looks a lot more colorful. I was just wondering if that's normal or if its reaching for light.

Amberjack;351142 wrote: My frogspawn extended and hit my Pagoda Cup and caused simlar damage. Any chance that Button Paly in the pic could have extended and touched your Pagoda?

PS, Frogspawn has been relocated!

I don't think so. You can't really tell from the photo but the paly is about 6" below and several inches to the right. I ended up doing a reef dip to stop the progression of death on the Pagoda and it started to come back, then the crab re-appeared.

Back