Help Please

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
So my roommate yells a second ago and says he thinks his foxface stuck his kole tang, there is definately a clear plastic looking spine thing stuck through the meat right before his tail he is acting kind of erratic but the fox face apears to be fine and there are no broken missing or stresed spines or areas on him? The clear thing stuck through the kole tang is bent back on both sides which doesnt make sense to me, im gonna try to get a pic in just a second. any ideas?

Kole tang looks really anxious and keeps dashing around tank!
The only other tank mates I have are

1 false percula clown
1 Foxface
1 blue damsel
1 watchmen blenny

:eek:

Heres the pics
and you mean sailfin blenny
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
196321=11766-spine.jpg
>
196321=11766-spine.jpg
class="gc-images" title="spine.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
196321=11767-spine2.jpg
>
196321=11767-spine2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="spine2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
196321=11768-spine3.jpg
>
196321=11768-spine3.jpg
class="gc-images" title="spine3.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
196321=11769-spine4.jpg
>
196321=11769-spine4.jpg
class="gc-images" title="spine4.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

look at the pics above...also there is a gash on the left side of the kole tang as well! what to do what to do??? might have to get a new kole tang...lets hope for the best! any suggestions will be appreciated

They're called a Surgeonfish for that reason. It's a "scalpel" they can use for defense. And it bends towards the front in every tang/surgeonfish. Some suppliers remove it and some don't... That would be my explanation.

ok maybe it just got snagged on something because it looks like some flesh has been ripped a little, thanks steve

give him some selcon soaked food for the next month or 2. Also, go to marine depots forum. They have someone that knows fish. She'll know what to do. Good luck.

ace1204;196327 wrote: ok maybe it just got snagged on something because it looks like some flesh has been ripped a little, thanks steve

It probably did, he's probably just shaking it off if he's swimming like crazy, maybe just shell-shocked that he got hurt. He'll be fine. The Foxface won't hurt anything normally unless provoked or attacked.

Back