Help Please...

rgardner

Market
Reaction score
Ok today I purchased a used RO/DI unit from Saltwater City with all new filters. Unfortunately I cannot remember how to hook this thing up...

My Questions

1. The first picture shows my filter arrangments. From left to right "KENT MARINE CFCE"...."PCTO/2 CARBON FILTER"....."GAC". Are these in correct order?

2. The second picture shows how I have my water hose hooked up to the unit itself.

3. The third picture is my membrane connections. Is the top or bottom connection the "waste water"??

4. Lastly my pressure valve. How much pressure should be used to operate this 65GPD system?

Thanks for any help..

FilterLocation.jpg
alt="" />

(Black Line) Incoming Tap Water feed entering the sediment filter which will flow to Carbon Filter.
(Yellow Line) Feeds chemical and sediment filtered water into the membrane and out the two exit taps.
(Red Line) this is the waste line since it is allowing the most water to pass through.
(Green Line) Feeds membrane filtered water into the deionization filter. Unfortunately this is the line that trickles drops of water.
(Little Red/Big Blue Line) RO/DI Purified Water exits this line.

I think the pressure gauge at 40-46 should be alright unless you get a preesure booster pump.

Low water pressure will allow for less RO/DI water and more waste water. a booster pump will fix the problem. You can probably buy one where you got your unit (probably) or do a search on Ebay for Aqua Safe, they have them for under $100 I think.

If you can find a brand/model number anywhere on your unit, you can often find the operating manual online by Googling it.

Two quick notes:

If you leave it outside during the winter it will freeze and crack the canisters. Unless it is running 24/7.

Second, I don't see in the pics nor in your list a DI canister, Which is fine a RO unit will remove 96% to 98% of all impurities.

To answer your question:
A typical RO/DI unit flows into the sediment canister then carbon. The water the goes to the RO membrane, your reject water exits the unit from there and the "product" water then continues into the third canister on the bottom, which is the DI chamber. Finally after passing through the last canister you have nice and clean water for your fishes. :D

I hope this helps you out.

- Tim

Search Kent Marine RODI set up, you will find a PDF file there that explains the set up...that is how I had to do mine.

They also have parts there to hook into your main line like in the laundry room, etc.

Back