Help request for lobo placement

Coraliscool

Supporting
Reaction score
I broke a ruIe at the last meeting and made an impulse buy without a lot of research. I now am responsible for the life of Lary the Lobo in the pictures. I learned that my lights were too bright because he started to bleach in an area not shaded by the rocks above. To compensate I have tilted the thing to get Larry in as much shade as possible without burying him in the back of the tank. My question is has anyone had negative results from displaying Lobos sideways, or allowing it to touch the sand bed or live rock like this does currently? Larry seems to like the lower light, but I don't want to stress it if sideways is a bad thing. I have a hybrid light system with 4 T5 and an ai 16 HD Puck that are suspended above the water about ten inches. The tank is a 60g cube 24x24x24 so that you can estimate where everything is. Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 20210812_155911.jpg
    20210812_155911.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210812_155922.jpg
    20210812_155922.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 26
I've got mine in the sand bed and its doing well but its laying flat on the bed.
Research we did shows they like low to moderate flow and moderate light <100 par
Also says aggressive against other corals

found this in an old article on R2R about our friendly Lobo's. Still nothing about sitting on its side but i see pics all over internet showing them in natural environment on the sides of out cropings so think its fine myself.

Place them in an area of your reef structure where they can expand and contract without excessively abrading their tissues, rendering them susceptible to infection as touched on above. if the animal comes in on a small rock, you would be wise simply placing the rock on the sand in an area where the coral can grow. Also, place the Lobo far enough from neighboring corals so as to avoid any allelopathic issues or coral aggression.

Thank you for the opinion and the info. It looks like I may need to figure something else out with this guy then. He is almost wedged into the position he is which sounds no bueno.. I think I have some aqua scaping to do to give this guy some shade. on the bottom of the tank.

Back