HELP: Torch Coral is BLEACHED

x_walton

Reaction score
First let me start of by saying i am new to this hobby. I think the piece of torch coral that i got on Tuesday is bleaching. I really dont have any idea wat to do. I need help. Ummm....i have HOT5's if that matters and it is at the top of my tank. Do I move it?

I need a pic. Do not keep the torch coral at the top of your tank. I keep mine at the bottom, and most people keep them in the sand. Keeping a coral at the top of a tank can cause bleaching, unless they want it. So, put it at the bottom. But t would be much easier to see a pic.

Definitely move it down. Unless you know that a coral was already under bright lights you should start it low and work it up to where you want it. They need to be light acclimated.

This coral was under 150W Metal Halide 96W of PC lighting 1/2 way up the tank. Not sure what the HOTS are?

OK...I would take a picture but i have no camera at the moment...I will definitely move it down...Would it be fine if i stuck it in the sand??

pochaxoo;356671 wrote: This coral was under 150W Metal Halide 96W of PC lighting 1/2 way up the tank. Not sure what the HOTS are?

High Output T5

typically with most corals you'll want to start them off at the bottom of the tank so they can acclimate to new lights. After a week or so you can then start to move it slowly up the tank closer to the lights if you need.

glxtrix;356696 wrote: typically with most corals you'll want to start them off at the bottom of the tank so they can acclimate to new lights. After a week or so you can then start to move it slowly up the tank closer to the lights if you need.

That's true. I do think they like a lot of flow, they also look a lot prettier when their tentacles flow. I have mine in a niche in a rock, where their is flow, but not direct, just enough to get it's tentacles moving.

Back