HELP with Corallife RO/DI 50gal/day

t4c

Reaction score
I need help. I just got a Corlalife RO/DI four stage and I think I hooked it up like the directions stated. (Directions not very good) After several minutes (20-30) water finally began trickleing out of the pure water tubing. This was after the DI cartridge got wet all the way up, but it never filled up. The real problem is that there is a steady hard stream of water coming out of the waste line and is running down the drain.

Surely this is not the way this is supposed to work. After about 30 minutes I had maybe a 1/2 cup of pure water and I estimate I had let 20 gals go down the drain.

Any ideas about what could be wrong, assuming this is not the way it is supposed to work.

Any help would be great. I am tired of paying 1.00 per gal at the LFS and with our water shortage, all fo this water going down the drain seems very wasteful, not to mention, expensive.

Thanks

Thanks Dawg Dude.

Do you turn the water faucet on full? I didn't give it a chance, but I know I was discharging more water than 4 gals/hour. I'd estimate 40 gal/hour.

Also, will the DI cartridge fill up or does it stay almost empty.

Thanks Again.

Water pressure is the key. Mine didn't work worth a darn when I first got it. I eventually had to replace the well pump and the pressure switch and it started working real good. Then when I unhooked it and put it in a bucket one of my sons cleaned out the garage and threw it away. My new one will be in next week! :doh:

Could get a pressure gauge at Lowes. Generally water pressure should be @45psi or better. Mine was down to 30psi when I replaced the equipment and now its @53psi. If your not on a well there usually a pressure valve on your intake that could be adjusted (if home is old sometimes they get stuck and needs to be replace to get them to adjust.

Thanks for all the advice. I just measured and volume coming out of the discharge and it is around a gal/min. The pure water is just dribbling out, I may have 1-2 qts after an hour.

check the backflush valve (if equipped). if it is "on" it will put most water through the drain. If you flip it, it should bring it back to normal. Sounds like this is your problem.

Back