Help! with Durso standpipe issue

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
I have a dual overflow in my new 180. Durso standpipe done the same in both overflows. I have a pvc cap on drain pipe with a hole drilled in it. But one of them has a high pitched whistle, other is doing fine. Just wondering if I should drill a larger hole. Any ideas out there.

dawgdude;160658 wrote: how big is the hole? It sounds to me like if its whistling then its pulling alot of air through quickly so I would bore it out a little bit more and see if it helps. To give you an idea, the hole on mine is the same diameter as airline hosing. (inside diameter)
I can slide air hose tubing into my hole. But I think I will make hole larger. I checked the directions again. They did mention if hole is too small there will be a sucking noise.

Glenn,
I just set mine tonight. Instead of drilling a large hole, I took my smallest bit and drilled several holes (4 in one and 5 in the other, odd they are different), until the water level was mid way across the el.

That would also prevent sucking too much air through one hole and causing a whistle.

Just a suggestion.

have not drilled yet. Might try the multiple holes

Back