Help with ID of Algae?

hatzo1

Market
Reaction score
So I noticed this today . It seems to have come up rather quickly. Not sure what it is. Can anybody tell. I have been battling some bubble algae but this is black almost.
6c7e1671b6783082ebd6c829258f40da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long has the tank been set up? It's cyano for sure and there are a lot of different options for treating it. In my experience, it was a real bugger to get rid of and I used a product called Chemiclean. That was years and years ago and I haven't had an issue since. It's really, really common and even more so when a tank is "young."

Ok , thought it might be . I have red also .I’ve done my first treatment of Chemiclean Monday evening . So would I do my water change and treat again as it will be 48 hrs.

How long has the tank been set up? It's cyano for sure and there are a lot of different options for treating it. In my experience, it was a real bugger to get rid of and I used a product called Chemiclean. That was years and years ago and I haven't had an issue since. It's really, really common and even more so when a tank is "young."

It’s been up and running since September.
Already did one dose has helped some but still there.

+1 on cyano. When my tank had some i just shortened my light period from 8 hours a day to 6 and overtime it slowly went away.

Back