help with leather

jntmcduffie

Market
Reaction score
I have a yellow leather that has been doing very well until this weekend. now it is gray and closed up with no blooms. been like this for 2 days. Is this normal?? never seen it do this for this long.:confused2:

thanks
John

Probably normal. Leathers go through dormant cycles where they shrivel and develope this glossy wet look </em>(Tim at Keen Reef and I were talking about this just yesterday, and the irony that you'd describe it as looking "wet"). Some think this dormant period is associated with growth.

Dont worry unless it starts to desolve. As long as the tissue feels firm, everything is fine. Give it a few more days.

Yeah, I have some devils hand leathers that do the same thing. Most likely nothing to worry about.

How long have you had the the leather?

about 6-8 months. you can see it in the right of my pic under my screen name. been doing well.

jntmcduffie;300433 wrote: about 6-8 months. you can see it in the right of my pic under my screen name. been doing well.

Hmm...If you have had it <u>that</u> long, looks like you would have seen it act this way before. Mine will do this almost once a month or 2. But its not a yellow.

Again probably fine... but keep an eye on it. Should not last more than a few days.

A coral doctor would say..."do a water change and call me in the morning"</em>:yes:

My fiji yellow will do that from time to time and seems to grow a little faster afterwards

Back