Help with Lineatus wrasse

cment

Market
Reaction score
Got this guy about 2 weeks ago and has been in QT the entire time. Ive been feeding 2-3 times a day and he was eating like a pig. This is the second round of prazi. I go to feed him tonight and he isnt swimming normal. He swims with his body in a vertical motion and doesnt look well. Hes laying on the bottom of the tank moving his front fins and not his tail. He didnt accept any food this last feeding. Suggestions on what to do????

Have you checked your parameters?

Heavy feeding in QT can lead to water quality problems if one isn't careful.

Any other fishes in the QT?

Any chance the food has spoiled?

Jenn

parameters seem ok: no ammonia, nitrates a little high around 30
hes the only fish in there right now
I dont think the food has spolied, i feed the same thing to my display with no problems
Im going to do a 50% WC

i did just notice that the temp was high in the tank 84, put a fan by it to help cool it...

Yeah temp is high - that could absolutely do it, especially if there's a swing.

You aren't running carbon while running meds, are you?

I dont think so, Friday would be day 5 of the second round. I added 5ml to a 20g QT same as before. I have had an airstone in the QT the entire time. Im thinking it maybe has something to do with the temp and it had an effect on the meds.

Thanks Ben...the more research I do, the more I think its possibly swim bladder. Pretty common in these guys. Just have to wait it out. He did eat this morning but only time will tell

cment;1032683 wrote: Thanks Ben...the more research I do, the more I think its possibly swim bladder. Pretty common in these guys. Just have to wait it out. He did eat this morning but only time will tell

Definitely a good sign.

I had this happen with a flasher wrasse. I thought it was also swim bladder problems. I treated with metro I think but it didn't help and the wrasse passed away. There's a thread on RC now that is very similar but some are saying it could have been some sort of damage to the fish. Does it have any discoloration to the body?

It does actually, front half is dull pink, back half is darker red

Back