Help with names of coral

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
Could some one help with names of some corals I just got as a surprise. One of them is lord something. They kind of look like a candy cane but they do not have a stem. The others are some thing like sun coral is what I was told does that sound right?

I just had a friend come into some money and they just went to the fish store and spent about 1200 and brought me half of it all. So I dont want it to die that would really suck.

I wish I had a friend that would bring me half of a 1200 dollar purchase. my tank would be full then. :) good luck

GA-PEACHES72;282214 wrote: Thanks I will look them up I dont know much about them. Are they hard to keep alive?
Acans are pretty easy. Moderate light moderate flow. Feed them to get them to grow quicker.

Thats cool I like easy. So do you think in a 220 gallon tank with 8 T5's they should be about half way up the tank or closer to the bottom?

GA-PEACHES72;282241 wrote: Thats cool I like easy. So do you think in a 220 gallon tank with 8 T5's they should be about half way up the tank or closer to the bottom?
I would say that from the bottom to 1/2 way up would be good. I keep all mine on the sand bed.

That is real good news. I needed something that did not have to be high up in the tank. Thanks again for the help.

Did they get them from Exotic? If so which tank and I can tell you exactly what they are. Most of the acans are in the middle tank/ middle row when you walk in and are under t5's there. They are placed closer to the bottom, but with the extra height of the 220 put them about half way. After you feed your fish check back about 20min and see those puppies wide open. Don't be afraid to feed them some frozen foods at that point a few times a week. They'll grow like crazy. When you guys coming back in the restaurant? I'll do a special ARC discount.

Post a picture. If half of $1200 was spent on some acans and suncoral tell him to bring the rest of his money to my house and we will wheel and deal lol.

No they are not from Exotic. he went to gainesville, Fl. and got them. I also got a cup coral also. My sun corals were out today even when the lights were on. YES. I am so happy.

Sun Corals require alot of attention.

They don't like alot of light and typically feed at night.

You must target feed these corals. The best way we have found is to cut the bottom out of a 2 liter bottle, cover the coral with the bottle and use a baster filled with brine or something like that and squirt it directly on the OPEN coral. Don't try and feed it if it is not extended.

After it is done feeding you can take the bottle out so others can feed on what the coral didn't.

Sun corals are gorgeous but they take work to keep them healthy.

Sweet! Good luck with them. You'll dig the sun coral. I feed mine every night when I am goofing off on my keyboard and boy will they multiply? One small head turns into ten in 6mo

Back