help with red sea PRO nitrate kit

russ-iv

Market
Reaction score
i needed to get a lower resolution however this comparator is confusing me. i have a greyish sample not a white or pink

lk7lc.jpg
alt="" />

not sure what to think

219sac4.jpg
alt="" />

one with the flash

jbadd99;1040204 wrote: Either way, it ain't to worry about.

am i correct to assume that i am to match the color from the comparitor with the sample and extrapolate from that?

and yes. i believe my tank went ulns by accident. (well the degree it has gone)

I use that kit and it has never turned that color.

Is that with 16 ml of tank water?

I am wondering if the regents are reacting to something in your tank... Maybe that is your issue? I would test a sample of Rodi water to see what happens.

The bottle in the middle is your test sample and the one near the edge is just tank water. You spin the wheel until the colors match just like you said.

I will also add that the REd Sea you tube videos stress the time frames and vigorous shaking between steps.

JBDreefs;1040238 wrote: I use that kit and it has never turned that color.

Is that with 16 ml of tank water?

I am wondering if the regents are reacting to something in your tank... Maybe that is your issue? I would test a sample of Rodi water to see what happens.

The bottle in the middle is your test sample and the one near the edge is just tank water. You spin the wheel until the colors match just like you said.

yes it is. ill test with a video if you wish

I don't need a video! Just throwing out ideas for you to consider and rule out.

https://vid.me/mJRo">https://vid.me/mJRo</a>

you tell me if i messed up. there was a half ml water disparity in this test but i also was testing api as well.

i also have red sea normal test

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/140vgjp.jpg alt="" />

Camellia;1040255 wrote: I use that Red Sea text and have never got a gray! Odd!

yeah i just bought the kit that day.
but the regular red sea kit is giving me nothing as well as api. i was hoping this one would give me something.

Two things that I do different: 1) cap and shake after regent A, and 2) leave the cap on during the 9 minutes. I am not sure that either makes a difference.

Did you try the Red Sea kit on Rodi water? Just curious if it would be clear.

JBDreefs;1040268 wrote: Two things that I do different: 1) cap and shake after regent A, and 2) leave the cap on during the 9 minutes. I am not sure that either makes a difference.

Did you try the Red Sea kit on Rodi water? Just curious if it would be clear.

that's a good idea. ill do that when i get off work.

I use that test and have never gotten that result. Maybe I missed it but have you tried it more than once. Sorry if that seems obvious.

Mikesmith34;1040307 wrote: I use that test and have never gotten that result. Maybe I missed it but have you tried it more than once. Sorry if that seems obvious.

photo was first time i did it.

video was second time to show how i was doing it to get that result

It looks to me like your testing method is correct - and you just have 0 nitrates... you could dose an amino acid (like fuel, for example) and it will break down into nitrates when the group bonds break.

Crew;1040310 wrote: It looks to me like your testing method is correct - and you just have 0 nitrates... you could dose an amino acid (like fuel, for example) and it will break down into nitrates when the group bonds break.

i dosed 50 ml acropower last night. crossing my fingers

I wish you weren't so far away. I'd love to use my (same) test kit and see the results.
Maybe it's a bad kit?

Crew;1040310 wrote: It looks to me like your testing method is correct - and you just have 0 nitrates... you could dose an amino acid (like fuel, for example) and it will break down into nitrates when the group bonds break.

+1

Wish you weren't so far away! I would like to use my test kit just out of Curiosity!

Back