Help with RO/DI (PICS)

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
I acquired this today and am told it is a 125gpd Kent marine unit, it was used in a saltwater store as the RODI unit, the seller told me he just changed the filters like 6 weeks ago and they should be good for a while, I was just wondering if you can tell by the pics if they are close to needing to be replaced. Thanks all. Im gonna take a sample of the water to barbara this week for a TDS check.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
183701=11156-rodi.jpg
>
183701=11156-rodi.jpg
class="gc-images" title="rodi.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
183701=11157-rodi2.jpg
>
183701=11157-rodi2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="rodi2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I would start with brand new ones and skip the guessing just me tho....

Well im gonna call kent marine monday and see how much replacements will be, but i do wanna go ahead and get the current water tested as well just to see what im working with maybe i can get a couple fills with it.

Sounds like a good idea to me... Replacements should not be that much... I have the same HD ro unit since I started replaced a couple cartrages...

They definitely look like they need changing.

Why don't you try PurelyH2O.com or one of the other places for the replacement cartridges. They'll probably be a lot cheaper than the Kent branded ones. Their Purely H2O's replacement sediment filters are $4.00 each, The replacement carbon blocks are $8.00 each, and the filled refillable DI cartridges are $18.00 each. They used to sell the bulk DI media but I don't see it on their site. You might want to look elsewhere for that or give them a call to see if they still carry it. Their number is 1-888-833-8674.

Michael

the bulk DI media is under the more tab. then choose filter media..

good luck

ace1204;183719 wrote: Well im gonna call kent marine monday and see how much replacements will be, but i do wanna go ahead and get the current water tested as well just to see what im working with maybe i can get a couple fills with it.

Personally I would call the filter guys. Great customer service and prices.
a>

You can also check with one of our new sponsors - Air, Water & Ice:

showthread.php

Back