help with sump please

karl

Market
Reaction score
i have a sump about 50 gallons and it has no filter bag holder, how do i put something in there to hold those micron round filter bags that the overflow tubes pour into? Notice the wide lip on top left, i dont think i can buy something that hangs.

20121104_034047.jpg
alt="" />

If you have a lip on the sump you can't use a holder that clamps to the sump's edge. Try this one... It connects with the drain pipe.

a>

When I run a filter sock I just use the drawstring and attach it straight to the drain pipe

you can also build a free-standing one with some 4" PVC. drill holes in it or cut slots in it, put a base on it and you're good to go.

if you dont have the skills and stuff. you can take a spaghetti holder or a loaf of bread holder something tall and small and drill a 3-3/4" hole in the bottom for a 4" filter sock and then some holes on the sides and other end for the water to flow out.

but truly the easiest is get a filter sock with a handle and just hang it on something. thats the easiest.

A word of caution though in hanging socks. Try to keep the top of the sock BELOW the top of the sump because once they clog they will overflow, and if it's above the sump sidewalls it can make a mess.

JeF4y;810190 wrote: A word of caution though in hanging socks. Try to keep the top of the sock BELOW the top of the sump because once they clog they will overflow, and if it's above the sump sidewalls it can make a mess.

it's not if... it's when...

Back