Help with t5s

anthony

Market
Reaction score
Looking to add two x 2 bulb t5 fixtures to my LEDs. (One 2 bulb fixture on each side) 48"

Need suggestions on what's the best fixtures for the money and  also need to know which bulbs to get...thanks fir the help in advance..

What LEDs to you have?  Will they fit between the Aquatic life hybrid fixture? I don't have any experience with the fixture but it is very clean looking with a good price. I have 2 ATI true Attinic and 2 ATI blue plus bulbs on my DIY retro fit LED/T5 fixture. I really like this combo as it provides solid coverage from 400nm to 500nm with a 15k (ish) look.

Going with retro fit for the fixtures might be the best bet. They will save space so the light will go where you want it to and not outside the tank. The reflectors have a bit of angle adjustment too.

With the bulbs it depends on what you're looking to get out of them, ascetics or growth. For growth go with all Blue+ or 2 B+ in the back and 1 B+ & 1 Purple+ in the front.

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/faq.php

I would retro the 4 T5 lamps. 2 to both the back and front.

Blue Plus will be your go to.  ATI

a coral light will add more white when combined with Blue + (great combo)

If you aren't really concerned with PAR, but are just doing for looks try B+ and Actinic (but use Geissman because it has a much different spectral peak that I like better than the ATI)

Awesome guys.. thanks for the help. I have a friend who has an old hqi/t5 fixture I can probably get for free. Might try to modify it with my LEDs and t5...

Anyone have any experience with the Sunzblaze 48" 2 bulb t5 fixtures? Are they worth the $80?

I've not used those specifically. I have used these though and found them to be easy to set up and reliable.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/t5-ho-miro-4-retrofit-kit-let-lighting.html

my temptation would be to totally run MH. :) As a matter of fact I think every reefer should try MH at least once. If you can avoid tank heating its completely awesome ::)

Back