Help with Vortech Modes

kirkwood

Market
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I am working to code 2 x WP40's into my Reef Angel, however all the various modes they use mimic the vortech modes... So I am just learning about all the different modes and don't know when the optimal time is to use them so it would be VERY HELPFUL if you guys could give me recommendations of the modes that best fit my aquarium schedule. For reference I am SPS heavy on my rockwork and i'm zoa heavy on sandbed and expecting to go chalice heavy on my sandbed over the next several months. Here is my schedule on non dimmable LEDs.

9am - moon lights on
3pm - Actinic on 100%
4pm - Whites on 100%
4.30pm - 4.45pm - feeding
8.30pm - 8.45pm feeding
9:30pm - Whites off
11pm - Actinic off
11:30pm moons off
11:50pm I usually administer amino acid dosing and or spot feeding

Nutrient Export mode after each feeding? 30min - 1 hour?
Next Reef Crest mode? good for when my tank has full lights on???
Lagoon mode? Best for the night time?
Long and Short pulse modes? How is it best to implement them?
Tidal Swell mode? When best to use this?
I will have the ability to anti-sync them. I'm guessing that means the pumps will always do the opposite? Is that recommended and how does it affect things?

I want to make sure whatever i do that I don't create waves in the tank that are so high that they push water over the top.

thanks so much for your help.

barry_keith;930367 wrote: I can share my old RA code and help you more this evening, if someone else hasn't chimed in.

cool.. whatever you've got helps... i put a thread up on the RA forum as well for users to post code...

Back