Help with zoa hitchhiker

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Ok so i found this on some zoa's i just bought and opion futher inspection i think i found eggs on the zoa's. Is it good bad or what and how should i get rid of it and its eggs if it is bad??

DSC_0683-1.jpg
alt="" />

Send a PM to http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/member.php?u=1900">Barbara</a>. She just had a terrible bout with nudis and I believe she's finally eradicated them. She should have some tips for you.

In the meantime, <u>isolate those zoas</u> in a Q/T or all the zoas in your display could get infested. I think you have to pick off the nudis and the eggs. It's quite a chore.

If you got the zoas from a LFS you might want to tell them (they may or may not care), but if you got the zoas from a member, definitely let the member know as a courtesy. They'll need to keep a lookout in their own display and take whatever precautions are necessary.

These things can be nasty. Good luck!

ok i will send her a pm and i got them from CBA do i think i might send a PM to corvettecris since he bagged them for me

it all ready was as soon as i saw it! but the problem is that i don't have a QT!! so what should i do??

A QT can be anything that will hold water. Just provide some circulation (air stone will work). I've used tupperware before for a quick QT!

ok so what are the odds for the eggs spreading from acclimation??

Mockery;206850 wrote: so what are the signs if others get infected?

You'll find more Nudibranchs and your zoas will close and gradually disappear. YOu get pretty good at spotting them after a short while. USe a pair of tweezers or long forceps to manually remove them. DO NOT GRAB THEM WITH YOUR FINGERS,SQUISH THEM,EAT THEM.............................

well i'm hoping that i got them early enough the coral was in for only a few minute

Mockery;206837 wrote: i can't find an airstone

A small pump (like the little Whisper pumps used for freshwater aquariums) with an airline works just as well. Rubberband the airline to a small piece of live rock to keep it submerged.

Or any old h.o.b. filter or power head that will cause surface agitation and aerate the water.

Mockery;206856 wrote: well i'm hoping that i got them early enough the coral was in for only a few minute

I would bet that you're fine then. Wish I had noticed mine earlier.

well that is good. the nice thing is that this frag i got in a dead acro (i think) so i can remove it from the tank and can get to almost every angle.

Also who wants to walk me through the steps of fragging zoa's??

I may get bashed for this statement but i will make it any way.

Why not return the zoa's and not take any chances.

If I bought a coral and it had anything that could infect my tank besides red flatworms or red bugs. I would return it and tell them it is infected.

Joe

CBA is going out, so I don't think that's a viable option.

Back