Help !!

millertime

Reaction score
Has anyone come to a tank that sprung a leak ?? Can I repair it with epoxy or silicone ( with it wet ). I have 10 gallons of salt water on my carpet!!

Yes, it has happens quite a bit. There was one on ARC just two weeks ago. OK, we need details. What size tank, glass or acrylic? Where is the leak, i.e. on the bottom, on the side near the top, etc.

Sorry, I'm currently flustered.....It's a 29 gallon glass......leak is on the bottom corner only.... i think !??

I drained my 75g because over two days it went from a bit of drip on the edge to putting 2 gallons on the floor so I got scared as hell, drained it and sold my livestock until I launch another set up. I think my damage was from moving the tank in an SUV with livesand and about 2 gallons in it to keep the sand alive, I had to do it in 3 hrs on a Friday afternoon and be out of town by 5:30pm so it was quite the rush.. :eek:

My 55 sprung a leak in that same spot.. I took some super glue gel and squirted it down in the crack where the border meets the glass.. Held it for a week at least till we could get something else..

Is that a 29G bowfront from PetSmart? Bobz went out of town for a day and came back to an empty tank. Thirty gallons of saltwater on one year old carpet. PetSmart replaced his tank.

Yea ! I have a bowl under the leak right now....drip....drip...

I bought an overpriced 15g from petco ($35 !), got it home and realized it has a chip on it !! aaahh !!

What's your plan? Bryan's offer to let you borrow his 20 would at least give you a chance to get the 29 emptied and take the pressure off having to do something in a hurry.

Donald, he borrowed my 20 QT tank.

Millertime, how's that working out for you?

my 450 started leaking 4 weeks ago i emptied the tank dried it put new glass were the leak was, i did not remove the old glass just sealed in new it is up and running and is great.don't panic take and borrow another tank move everything and reseal you'res give it ample time to dry. good luck

Back