Herbie Overflow Users

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m trying to get my plumbing done this weekend and need a little help. I’ve ran a herbie before so I’m not concerned about the gate valve and full siphon setup but the way the holes were drilled in this tank is the drains flank the return in the overflow box and really the only way for me to run the full siphon is to have 2 90degree bends to dump in the sump unless I dump it into the return or skimmer section of the sump. Is it an issue to have 2 90degrees in the emergency with a straight run of pipe?

I’m trying to get my plumbing done this weekend and need a little help. I’ve ran a herbie before so I’m not concerned about the gate valve and full siphon setup but the way the holes were drilled in this tank is the drains flank the return in the overflow box and really the only way for me to run the full siphon is to have 2 90degree bends to dump in the sump unless I dump it into the return or skimmer section of the sump. Is it an issue to have 2 90degrees in the emergency with a straight run of pipe?
Our emergency drain on our Herbie is actually on flexible hose that was for a good while going a full vertical loop below the overflow before going into the sump. 2 90 degree turns should be fine. It really should only be a small trickle of water going into the emergency drain standpipe.

Back