Here is a new one...a confused sea cuc.

kevinathom

Market
Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't a sign that my cucumber is not getting enough food from the sand bed, but I found him climbing the rock upside down tonight. Funny to see .... at least for now.

Perfectly normal. That specie reproduces by fission sometimes too. One day you might find you have 2 of them.

I like tiger tails - great cleaner-upper.

Jenn

Lol. It hasn't been on the glass yet, but thanks for letting me know. It has been great at keeping the sand clean and has gotten fat. Can't wait to see if it does split. Got to love this hobby.

Quick question. I bought a tank set up awhile back from another member. Nice little tank 20 gal aio. Had the tank a few months and was about to water change. Look in the back and a tiger tale was laying in there. I went through all the rock etc when I bought it. Little joker must have been hiding good. I've had a few shrimp disappear also. Anyone ever heard of these or had expierence with them eating inverts?

I am probably not the one to ask, but I thought sea cucumbers just ate sand. I doubt they can move fast enough to eat anything mobile (just guessing based on watching mine)

I have actually found mine inside the cage of a powerhead that was turned off - searched for a good 30 minutes for him because I had seen him climbing the glass the night before and new he was wandering around somewhere. Hung out there for a full day then went right back to normal cruising around the sand bed.

Strange critters. Mine have been hanging out in the rocks since they split. I assume that there is some time required for healing before heading back in the sand.

Back