Hermit 1, Naso 0

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
How does a hermit hurt a large naso? By crawling his snail shell wearing butt into my return pump intake and blocking the hole thereby depriving the tank of oxygen.

Naso is still alive but not doing so well. He'll occasionally swim from one side of the tank to the other if a fish bothers him but isn't eating. Hopefully he will shake it off in a day or so.

aww loren. that blows. Sometimes I think hermits and snails suck to have in a tank with all the mischeif they create. If they're not knocking frags and corals off, thery're blocking up overflows and return pipes......I hope your tang is okay.

Fate-1, Loren-0. Why is your return the only source of oxygenation? Dude, that is a BIG oversight. Dont you have any powerheads or other pumps? My return could be off all day, and aside from lack of skimming, my tank wouldnt know the difference.

That sux Loren. Hope he is doing better. That's a beautiful speciment you have there.

<span style="color: black;">BTW, look at Jeremy's signature ;)</span>

I do keep my powerheads pointed toward the surface for some agitation.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is another problem.

jmaneyapanda;200020 wrote: Fate-1, Loren-0. Why is your return the only source of oxygenation? Dude, that is a BIG oversight. Dont you have any powerheads or other pumps? My return could be off all day, and aside from lack of skimming, my tank wouldnt know the difference.

LorenK;200189 wrote: I do keep my powerheads pointed toward the surface for some agitation.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is another problem.

I would highly doubt it was oxygen deprivation then, especially is the water temp didnt go above 86 or so.

Back