high calcium

angel

Supporting
Reaction score
Ok for some reason my calcium it's getting very high and I don't know why everything it's the same no changes at all I'm using dousing pumps, and I'm dousing the Same amount for about 6 months my alkalinity is at 9.5 and calcium almost 600

My schedule for dousing is 44.0 Ml. Calcium every day and 55.0 ml.of alkalinity every day, and is been like that for about 6 months I noticed this about 5 days ago.
So guys what do you think.
I forgot to mention my tank is sps dominated
The only new thing different is a new maxspect gyre 150 I use to have 2 Jebao 40 and I don't think that would make any difference.

I use brigtwell part A and B I'm going to stop the calcium for a couple days in till goes down to normal and then turn it back on and see what happens.

angel;1002862 wrote: I use brigtwell part A and B I'm going to stop the calcium for a couple days in till goes down to normal and then turn it back on and see what happens.

If it shoots back up after that then id be looking into that batch being different than the old batch. Have you checked the flow rate on your doser to make sure it hasnt drifted up

I Yes check it and it's dousing what is supposed to so I'm going to weight for a couple of days in till goes down to normal and turn it back on.

What's your magnesium level? I it is low, all the calcium you add will precipitate out. You can add all you want and the calcium level will never change.

Magnesium it's around 1300 .
What do you mean the calcium will stay the same?

Maybe less uptake in the tank? Have you checked alk and Ph? What are they at?

angel;1002894 wrote: Magnesium it's around 1300 .
What do you mean the calcium will stay the same?

If magnesium is low any calcium you add will precipitate out and settle to the bottom. Therefore you calcium level will not change. But, you mag level is in the acceptable range so that shouldn't be the problem.

With calcium that high of expect the alk and ph to swing. You sure the test is good? I know that is a standard go to but in this case other things that should be happening with high calcium are not.

a>

I tested with 3 different test kits api, red sea and salifer.
All 3 are very close.

Everyone needs to tweak the amount of stuff they dose with 2 part. I would just stop the calcium for a couple days like you are doing, then lower the amount of calcium 2 part you dose on a daily basis while testing your calcium levels every couple days. You just might need to lower the total daily volume.

Magnesium levels are OK, so that is not an issue.

Back