Highlighter Yellow SPS Dying!!!

justonemoretank

Market
Reaction score
Uggh! This has been a craptastic couple of weeks!
I have been super busy and not home much. I really need to get a Calcium Reactor on this tank ASAP. My Ca and Alk have been running low because of my inattention to it and the large amount of SPS in the tank. I have tried to keep it up but have obviously not kept it high enough for the very sensitive Highlighter Yellow SPS. Anyone who has a frag of this coral take good care of it and keep it happy! It is the most sensitive coral in my tank.
The largest piece is about 1 and a half times the size of my fist and is almost totally gone! :sad: :yuk:
Here are a few pictures:

IMG_4181.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_4184.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_4185.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_4186.jpg
alt="" />

I hope things turn for the better Chris. I wish I could say I still have that frag I got from you but I lost it when I was having pH issues. I was looking forward to seeing that frag grow.

tsciarini;82159 wrote: Chris... is this the same as the one I got from you?

Yep. I have a few other pieces of it scattered around my tank however the 95% dead piece is by far the largest that I have/had. :shout:

thats a bummer... let me know if you ever need another frag. The one I got from you is growing nicely (and alot thicker branches)

one that looks like it was one beautiful coral wish i had corals that look that nice

Showtime305;82166 wrote: I hope things turn for the better Chris. I wish I could say I still have that frag I got from you but I lost it when I was having pH issues. I was looking forward to seeing that frag grow.

Yes... it is a really pretty coral. However it likes its water stable and close to ideal.:doh:

Some of my other corals have taken a liking to me adding Ca and Alk recently and have started growing lots of new branches and buds. Unfortunately the Yellow SPS gave me the finger as it continues to die. :sad:

Back