Hit and miss

myreefclub0070

Market
Reaction score
I've heard it more than a few times when it comes to aiptasia and file fish and must say it is true but when I started my build and finally got the tank up and running I was still working on the system an neglected the tank a bit, a few months in I noticed some aiptasia and then more and more, so I started aiptasia x and I tell you what, no fun on a 30" tall tank.
One of our member had some live stock up for sale and I picked up the lot, included in the lot was a fish I would have never bought based on looks but I dropped him in anyway cause my son liked him, in two to three week that file fish took out every aiptasia in my 265g 7 foot tank and I haven't seen one in 8 months.
Although I don't appreciate the looks of the fish as other may but this fish will never come out of my tank, what's even more he or she eats pellets, frozen food, flakes, everything but corals.
What a home run!
Just thought I'd share.

P.s I do have 2 aiptasia, one in each overflow so I can't blame my little file fish for that.

Do you have a specific fish that was add for a specific purpose with total success?

Good for you and your tank! I have a copperband butterfly that is great, he will eat aiptasia. I pull frags from my frag tank and he cleans them for me.:D

Back