Holy Crap!!

notireef

Market
Reaction score
OK so something made me go and check on the tank a few minutes ago.....
As I have my face right on top of the tank checking the eggcrate...skimmer...the new frags I got from Rit, etc my Yellow Coris wrasse decided it wanted to jump out. Right in front of me he is flipping and flapping on the eggcrate and then on the floor.
Scared the $*!% outta me!!!!:ahh:
One lucky son of a gun thou.....I popped him back in the tank...he went behind the rocks to compose himself and now he is out and about.
:wow2:

You're telling me...haha
I am out of town this weekend...I dont trust those boogers...the top might have to be tinkered with to make sure they stay in.:doh:

He needs a whippin'! Seriously, I'm glad you were home to plop him back in. My guess is he's glad too. :D

That little wrasse had a look of utter terror on his little face as he was flopping around....hopefully a lesson learned (yeah right)

Nice save! That would have too bad. I lost a Midas Blenny and I kicked my self in the butt over it because I heard something and ignored it, found the little guy the next day.:sad:

Would of been super cool if you would have caught him like some kind of ninja master... LOL but good save.

ares;328571 wrote: you think he scared you.

1 look at your face and he tried to off himself!
I was thinking something like that, but didn't want to be mean :)

Right place, right time- Nice save!

I think he was jumping to try to give you a big ol' wet kiss!

I was actually slapped in the face once by a female B&W perc. Flew out of the water, grazed my cheek and landed back in the tank. I could swear I saw her grinning afterwards.

Glad your wrasse is okay.

WILLIAM1;328570 wrote: Would of been super cool if you would have caught him like some kind of ninja master... LOL but good save.

LOL...tried to but my prego belly got in the way:blush:

ares;328571 wrote: you think he scared you.

1 look at your face and he tried to off himself!

aww...:slap:

RaisingTwo2006;328577 wrote: I was thinking something like that, but didn't want to be mean :)

Right place, right time- Nice save!

Thanks!

Linda Lee;328595 wrote: I think he was jumping to try to give you a big ol' wet kiss!

I was actually slapped in the face once by a female B&W perc. Flew out of the water, grazed my cheek and landed back in the tank. I could swear I saw her grinning afterwards.

Glad your wrasse is okay.

Yeah me too :up:

One of the Fish at Keen Reef tried to jump in my pocket one day. I yelled and Char put it in a tank ... he was fine too.

You may want to consider building yourself a mesh cover for those jumpers.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Yeah I know......will be making a trip to HD for some mesh and window screen kit very soon!!

Acroholic;328650 wrote: You may want to consider building yourself a mesh cover for those jumpers.

The eggcrate openings are too large. The wrasses are contortionists, they can jump through any hole that is about their same size. Every time I take my cover off they look up as if to say; "here's is my chance I am going for it". Make the mesh cover......now.

Your only mesh choice at HD/Lowes is called bird screen, and it is black with 1/2" square openings that people put on their shrubs/trees to keep birds off berries. You really need to layer this stuff a couple times on each other to get the small openings.

Or if you want the clear mesh that has 1/4" square openings, PM this guy on Reef2Reef to buy some. He'll mail the stuff to you at a pretty reasonable cost. The clear stuff in 1/4" openings is next to impossible to find without buying a 300" roll of it for $250. I think it is worth the cost of the mesh from him for the light friendliness of the clear stuff.

Here is a link for the mesh top thread, and the guy to pm is jimsflies.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5124">http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5124</a>

Dave

ramone;328698 wrote: The eggcrate openings are too large. The wrasses are contortionists, they can jump through any hole that is about their same size. Every time I take my cover off they look up as if to say; "here's is my chance I am going for it". Make the mesh cover......now.

Glenn I know...he is just itchin' to jump again.

Acroholic;328703 wrote: Your only mesh choice at HD/Lowes is called bird screen, and it is black with 1/2" square openings that people put on their shrubs/trees to keep birds off berries. You really need to layer this stuff a couple times on each other to get the small openings.

Or if you want the clear mesh that has 1/4" square openings, PM this guy on Reef2Reef to buy some. He'll mail the stuff to you at a pretty reasonable cost. The clear stuff in 1/4" openings is next to impossible to find without buying a 300" roll of it for $250. I think it is worth the cost of the mesh from him for the light friendliness of the clear stuff.

Here is a link for the mesh top thread, and the guy to pm is jimsflies.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5124">http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5124</a>

Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave thanks for the info....appreciate it.

As a temporary solution I have 2 eggcrates stacked on top of each other where the openings are 1/4 in wide instead of 1/2 in. It will have to do for now :)

I have some extra screening (black) if you want. I want to keep some just in case. But should have extra if you want. Then all you need is metal frame and corners.

Glenn that sounds great....it's going to be for my 55G.
Pick-up will probably be after sunday...LMK what works for you.
Thanks!!!

NotiReef;328769 wrote: Glenn that sounds great....it's going to be for my 55G.
Pick-up will probably be after sunday...LMK what works for you.
Thanks!!!

I am pretty open in the evenings during the week. Just pm me.

Back