hot tub ozonator?

Is there a mg/hr rating on it? If so, you should be able to compare apples to apples. Ozone is ozone, and as long as you're not hooking up a 500mg/hr unit to a 10g tank, you should be fine.

<span style="color: black">well, the hot tub ozonator would be rated for 500g which I'm sure will be overrated for someone like me with about 150g volume. however, I thought that this is what an ORP controller suppose to control?</span>

I would suggest against it honestly. I would guess it makes a lot of ozone very quickly (upwrads of 500 mg/hr). Even with an ORP controller, that could fry a tank quickly (before the ORP probe ever got a reading).

Charlie, air dryers are realistically optional.

<span style="color: black">On a serious note, I think I understand now why I couldn’t find any reference to using a hot tub oznonator in a fish tank. It would simply be too powerful.</span>

It's really not worth it when you can pick up an enaly unit for $30.

Dryers are not very efficient unless you get the nice ozonator electric dryer, but that's going to cost you some bank!

haninja;245832 wrote: Where???

From me! lol, don't you just love it when it works out so well! lol!

If you want a new one, they sell for $60 + shipping. I have one that I used to clear up my 800! Works well for what it is; not as nice as the ozotech, but then again...it's cheap!

Seriously though, I have one if you want.

Otherwise, here is their website:

a>

Back