Houston we have a problem....

darren24

Market
Reaction score
So I set my tank and stand in my office which is carpeted. I put a level on it and it is a good 1/2 inch off (leaning forward). So I get my wife and son in law and we take the tank out. We move the stand to a hard floor and the stand is level. We put the tank back and still level. Could the carpet against the wall be "bunching" up making it level? I bought a 48 inch piece of oak and put it under the front of the stand and it is level. Do you think it will be ok this way?

The carpet is held down by a tack strip next to the wall. Move away from the wall a few inches and I bet it is better.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Yep, that tack strip will get you every time! Just move it out a bit and you'll be fine.

D,
Also take into consideration if you will ever need any back clearance for things like powerheads and power cords. If you run anything like a Tunze or VorTech on the back glass, you will need some room between the tank and the wall for clearance. I usually go about 5 inches between the wall and the back of the tank.

The tack strip should be about 1" from the wall and should be about 1"wide. But Dave is right. Give yourself some room. You will be glad you did.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Back