How big is too big?

bhodges82

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm starting to think my snails are too big.... There is a while frag under there.
42fd2980d019d6f3ace177ef968cb60c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really dig the huge snail but sometimes worry when I don't see them for a while. It seems to me that a dead gigantor snail like that could be more of a problem than a run-or-the-mill astrea. That being said, if you don't want that big boy, I'll give you what you got for him. I only see 3 issues with have huge snail.
  1. When they die, it's a lot more waste in a closed system. I don't know how bad it actually is as long as the hermits take care of it.
  2. Those snails are notorious bulldozers of frags and rock work. The larger they are, the more of a mess they can leave in their path.
  3. Harder for them to get in the nooks and crannys of a tank. This is easily rectified but have a mix of larger and smaller snails.

I really dig the huge snail but sometimes worry when I don't see them for a while. It seems to me that a dead gigantor snail like that could be more of a problem than a run-or-the-mill astrea. That being said, if you don't want that big boy, I'll give you what you got for him. I only see 3 issues with have huge snail.
  1. When they die, it's a lot more waste in a closed system. I don't know how bad it actually is as long as the hermits take care of it.
  2. Those snails are notorious bulldozers of frags and rock work. The larger they are, the more of a mess they can leave in their path.
  3. Harder for them to get in the nooks and crannys of a tank. This is easily rectified but have a mix of larger and smaller snails.
He's got a twin brother too. I'm not really worried too much about them, they do sometimes hide my frags, but most of the time they just hide in the shade and come out at night. Seems like when I got them they were maybe half the size they are now. How big can they actually get in a tank?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oddly enough I also have 2 massive ones in my frag tank. My wife saw it for the first time the other day when she was checking the tank out near lights out... and called me over in a panic when she saw them... They are like baseballs roaming around. I can always tell where they've been as they are lil bulldosers.

Back