how can i remove my sand?

markl

Market
Reaction score
im really thinking im going to go bb on my tank.i have a solana 34. is there a way to get the sand out without tanking the tank down?

You could syphon it out when you do a water change or you could leave it so we don't make fun of you about your tank being a BB :tongue:

Best way would be to post something like:

"Free Sand -- to anyone who can remove the sand without taking my tank down and destroying my livestock."</em>

Someone will figure out a way.

:)

Linda Lee;169050 wrote: Best way would be to post something like:

"Free Sand -- to anyone who can remove the sand without taking my tank down and destroying my livestock."</em>

Someone will figure out a way.

:)

lol, why do you always come up with the good ideas right after I post? :)

dont do it all at once youll have a big amonia spike do it a little bit at a time while doing wc

Victor626nj;169063 wrote: dont do it all at once youll have a big amonia spike do it a little bit at a time while doing wc

sounds like a plan. i happen to be doing a water change tomorrow.

When I orginally went to BB a year or so ago. I removed all the sand I could during WC's. Then when it got down to the sand under the live rock I romoved the rock then put it back in. PITA! But well worth it. Good luck

I think that is the best idea that Lee has ever had; we should frame it! :D

If you can't syphon, you could ladel...

best bet is sto get a brute and syphone as much water as you can with out stiring anything up then add the rock and corals to it ....... once empy take all the sand out clean realy good ..... then all you have to do is reaquascape and add a little more water to top it of should take no longer than 30 min

Back