How do I get a fish out of overflow?

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
Having a great deal of difficulty catching the fish I’ve already sold. Took Victor’s suggestion and tried to catch in the pitch dark with red light and all I succeeded in doing was having one of the clowns jump out of the net and into the overflow. Now I have no idea how to get him out! HELP PLEASE! They won’t go anywhere near the trap, it’s been in there 2 weeks and I’ve tried everything, I’m getting a little frustrated. Any suggestions for catching them and obviously I need to save my clown from the overflow.
Thanks,
Nancy

Is your overflow pipe glued on? Could you turn everything off pull the overflow pipe and let them go into the sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a great deal of difficulty catching the fish I’ve already sold. Took Victor’s suggestion and tried to catch in the pitch dark with red light and all I succeeded in doing was having one of the clowns jump out of the net and into the overflow. Now I have no idea how to get him out! HELP PLEASE! They won’t go anywhere near the trap, it’s been in there 2 weeks and I’ve tried everything, I’m getting a little frustrated. Any suggestions for catching them and obviously I need to save my clown from the overflow.
Thanks,
Nancy
Sorry to hear. This is how I catch my fish without a trap.

The drain pipes aren’t supposed to be glued, can’t you just remove it and have it drain into the sump? Turn off your pumps first tho.

I removed my overflow pipe and had a large net in the sump to catch him. It did take several tries as there is a bit of water left even with pipe removed.

Back