How do I set up a Doser on a newer Apex?

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
Have a newer apex wifi 4 probe one

Do I just use the dos setting even if I don’t have a dos?
** well, that won’t work since I have to it has to “sense” that I have a dos

using a BRS 1.1 pump for all for reef

goal is to say do 4 minutes on every hour for 10 hrs a day

found something finally!

pretty bummed how neptune doesn't make it easier unless using a dos 😑

You will need to figure out how long to turn on the pump to dose the right amount. BRS are on/off the 1.1 is 1.1/ml per minute as you already know. You have no other way to do it using Apex with this pump. They are very easy to use and very basic, but will get the job done without buying the DOS, plus it will be a lot more quiet, the DOS sounds like a jet taking off.

You will need to figure out how long to turn on the pump to dose the right amount. BRS are on/off the 1.1 is 1.1/ml per minute as you already know. You have no other way to do it using Apex with this pump. They are very easy to use and very basic, but will get the job done without buying the DOS, plus it will be a lot more quiet, the DOS sounds like a jet taking off.
yup, I've heard bad things about the dos, so had a brs laying around and figured I'd get it set up... thought it'd be quick, but nope lol

The above link made it super easy, so fingers crossed good to go!

This is how Ive been running my dossing for a decade. Each of the 3 parts doses twice a day, off set by 4 hours. Simple and easy.

If youre dosing 2 or 3 part stuff the BRS dosers and that link you found above will be great for you.

I also have two DOS units Im setting up for AWC and while they make this really easy to do with an apex, Im not really all that impressed. They are pretty loud and expensive for what they are, but every other variable doser out there has at least one huge detractor be it noise, an annoying app or cost.

Back