How do you connect to apex fusion?

crew

Market
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting a stable connection with my Apex wirelessly. I'm using a netgear wnce 2001 and I don't understand the issue. The fusion will drop connection randomly but even when it says it's "down" I can still connect if I go to the IP Address that the Apex is using.

Ideas?

How old is the netgear? I had been using mine for a year w/o problems until around Christmas. I had to push a firmware update to it which was a PITA but it works great now. I think I have the websites I used to walk me through bookmarked at home, I'll check it out in about an hour. What are the lights on the netgear doing, ie blinking green, solid green, yellow, red?

I have a Apple Airport Express for my next setup.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96798&highlight=apple">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96798&highlight=apple</a>

If it is a blinking power, here's the thread that helped me out
[IMG]http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=79281&page=2">http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=79281&page=2</a>

What firmware are you using? I know older versions had connectivity issues you may want to update with a wired connection.

The netgear is brand new (refurbished) and when I try and push an update it says it has the most up to date version installed. The WLAN light was occasionally flash to yellow or red and then stick to yellow.

The strange thing is it will connect for hours at a time and then drop off with no hopes of reconnecting.

I don't mind buying something more expensive if it's going to work. What I want is stability. Do I need any other apple products for this airport express thing you mentioned Sean?

Have you rebooted your Apex? What firmware are you running?
When you lose Fusion what color is the 3rd light on Wince2001?

Crew;1013813 wrote: I don't mind buying something more expensive if it's going to work. What I want is stability. Do I need any other apple products for this airport express thing you mentioned Sean?

You don't ned anything else, Wnce2001 is whats recommended.

I'm running the latest firmware on the Apex and have restarted it several times - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When Fusion is down, the WLAN light is usually yellow, but I can still connect to the Apex by using the IP Address listed in it's Net Settings. This isn't terrible if I'm home, but I can't access that from outside my network, so not ideal.

Also - I've checked the signal strength near my tank and it's typically between 70-80%

i was having the same issue and what i did was to relocate the netgear to different spot until found the right spot for it, wish it was far from my mp60's and i also relocate the reeflink

rodriguez;1013848 wrote: i was having the same issue and what i did was to relocate the netgear to different spot until found the right spot for it, wish it was far from my mp60's and i also relocate the reeflink

I wouldn't think its the Netgear connection unless your 3rd light is RED. Green means great signal, yellow/orange means GOOD signal.

Check that your apex DHCP is ON, enabled
Check that your RF (radio frequency) is current firmware too...
Can't think of anything else ATM but they are really sharp on the Neptune Forum if your frustrated.

It sounds like you have an IP conflict. Get the apple express. No problem connecting or programming.

I have noticed my TV in the same room has been having connection issues - it's a wireless TV box. Apple express fixes that?

Crew;1014052 wrote: I have noticed my TV in the same room has been having connection issues - it's a wireless TV box. Apple express fixes that?

I wouldn't count on it.

Seriously the biggest interference between a modem/router & router/bridge in a home is a toilet.

The second ehh is the HAVC duct.

If one of these are possible in your path move routers a few feet to eliminate.

I got fed up messing with the netgear. Bought an airport extreme and was set up in 5 minutes. Been stable and working ever since.

Hey - you're the reason I went that route. Thanks for the tip. More expensive than the netgear, but it actually works so worth every penny.

Back