How do you frag zoanthids ?

jetchris

Market
Reaction score
I have some in my tanks that I would like to frag and dont know how. Could someone explain to me how to do this. I tried the search function on here but it doesnt seem to work right.

Thanks,
Chris

HERE YOU GO HOPE YOU LIKE IT
showthread.php

cool, thanks i read that other thread - i got it now , i just have to get some gloves :)

Honestly a very simple frag comparred to most. Just make sure you cut between the ployps, wear gloves and a welders face shield(keeps the toxin from squirting in your mouth, eyes, ears, nose etc.) and then just like leveldrummer said glue them to another rock, frag plug/disk. Gel works the best just try to keep it off the polyp tissue. Last step is to save a nice frag to give to flyingarmy!

Is is huh....great! One of the simplest and most beautiful corals in my opinion!

Very carefully... I was reading that zoos (not all) have ounce for ounce have one of the most toxic poisons known to man. Respect its authoritie!

Chris, if you frag that orange one I want some!

Yes, be careful with fragging zoas. Make sure the kiddie is not hovering when you do it.

yes loren those orange are bright, i got those from ankur113. When i frag them ill let you know, thanks for all the responces.

Save me a frag too Chris! Don't have any orange zoos yet and have plenty of other to trade!

There was a great thread about not boiling zoos or cutting them whilst you have open wounds etc. a bit back but I can't find it now. Bump for the reply above what says use some care with Zoos.

Chris I just picked up a face shield at Lowes for $12.97. I'd get one before you try working with those zoas. They can squirt pretty far and getting the toxin in your mouth or eyes would not be good.

Back