how high do u ramp your LEDs?

jbdreefs

Market
Reaction score
I would like to take a survey of how high you ramp your led fixtures: 50%, 75%, etc.

I'm working on the design of my new fixture and this info would be helpful. Please let me know the %, fixture, now many fixtures, how big of a tank, and mounting height.

Thanks in advance!

My blues are at 100% and my whites are at about 75%. I have had great growth with all the hard corals. Well, at least I consider it great growth. :)

rdnelson99;810012 wrote: My blues are at 100% and my whites are at about 75%. I have had great growth with all the hard corals. Well, at least I consider it great growth. :)

Rich you have the mm fixtures, right?

I have the same ones and I love them also, except for the one unit that keeps burning out LEDS

Miami Dolfan;810030 wrote: I have the same ones and I love them also, except for the one unit that keeps burning out LEDS

How do you have them tuned?

WRXCRAZY03;810076 wrote: I have mine all colors at 100% white at 70% running AI Vega color.

Awesome info, thanks,

Anyone have radions?

72 gallon DT. 2 kessil a350 both channels at 100%

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I have 2 led fixtures on my 75g. I dont think they have a name. Got them from nemos. They have dimmers . I keep them at 100% blue and 80% white and they are about 8" off the top of the tank. Thanks

mm's with 60deg optics white - 100% blues hits like 65%
AI fixture - 100/100/100 (wh/bl/royal)

I don't like maxing the lights out as IMHO it increases the failure rate, BUT they should be designed to take it.

Edit: ah yes, and that's 3 fixtures ~10# over a 150 (24x24x60).

Optics are absolutely key if you're doing an LED setup.

Back