How I got an AI Hydra 26 for free...

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
Yes a free AI Hydra 26, here’s the story…

I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and found a Hydra 26 in the “Warehouse deals” section as an open box item for $350. I thought it was time to upgrade the RB LED over my frag cube and this was a good deal. It took 10 days for the light to arrive and I couldn’t wait to open the box.
What a disappointment, the unit had greasy fingerprints and the power cord was missing, the transformer was there just no AC cord. So I log on to my Amazon account to return the item. After I clicked on the return button, I get a message stating the item cannot be returned due to special shipping circumstances. I thought what the heck, I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from the warehouse deal section from a used i-Pad to light bulbs and never had any problems.
So I request a call back and speak to a rep that verified they cannot take the unit back…but he told me they will refund the FULL purchase price and I get to keep the unit! So now I’m wondering if the unit even works so I tracked down an old computer power cord and plug it in. Grab the controller and holy cow it works. SO now I can use the refund to help fund a purchase for the new ATI Sun Power unit for my 75g.
If anyone’s looking for some lights, I’ll have a Reef Breeders value unit and a 24” ATI 6 bulb Sun Power unit up for sale soon so watch for a “lights for sale” thread soon.

VERY COOL! Congrats....I keep meaning to call you but life keeps happening.

bcrueter;989140 wrote: VERY COOL! Congrats....I keep meaning to call you but life keeps happening.

Man it never stops. Please do call when you can (i'm up pretty late usually), I want ot figure out why the gorg aint happy. I have a replacement for you if needed, and a couple of thoughts on why it might not be going well.

Well its not a complete loss yet...the bottem half is a stick but the top half still opens up, so no replacement needed. But I apperciate it...but when we figure it out I would love to buy more off you.

bcrueter;989153 wrote: Well its not a complete loss yet...the bottem half is a stick but the top half still opens up, so no replacement needed. But I apperciate it...but when we figure it out I would love to buy more off you.

This is good news, it should regenerat and cover the stick in time. Send a pic when you can.

Back