How long to leave on the lights

Toste

Market
Reaction score
Hi team,
I have two XR 15 and am using the recommendations from bulk reef supply. I was wondering how long I should leave them on a day. I am starting to develop a red algae on the floor and top layers of rocks.

How long has your tank been running and are these lights a new addition to your tank? Also what gen XR15 and profile are you running?

All great questions.

The deeper part that we will get to goes beyond the number of hours, but also the intensity. With the current information, i would recommend to err on the side of caution and limit your photoperiod to 10 hours per day.

People have also had success providing interrupted photoperiods to reduce algae... assuming that is the purpose behind your question.

How long has your tank been running and are these lights a new addition to your tank? Also what gen XR15 and profile are you running?

Hey there

So I am running the the Mobius recommended program from 11am to 9pm and I have added a little more warm and cool light to the program. It is the sps program I believe. It seems to be doing ok for the coral. Also I don't think I have enough clean up crew. Have about 30 hermits but they don't seem to keep up.

All great questions.

The deeper part that we will get to goes beyond the number of hours, but also the intensity. With the current information, i would recommend to err on the side of caution and limit your photoperiod to 10 hours per day.

People have also had success providing interrupted photoperiods to reduce algae... assuming that is the purpose behind your question.

Yes thank you for the feedback. When the lights say point intensity does that just mean overall brightness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back