How many of you use cameras to monitor your tank?

catgirl29

Market
Reaction score
And if so, what kind? I'm using Presence Pro on my iPad Mini. I bought a stand so that I can put it wherever around the tank. I can log in from my phone or computer.

Last night, I flipped over a rock in my rock stack to re-position it. I noticed that there was hair algae on the underside (now overside) and today, from work, I'm watching my Tang pick it clean. (I wasn't sure where all the GHA had gone but now I know it was probably "Lemon".)

I'm going to try to include a link here - http://vid1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/janellez29/Saltwater/Presence%20Video%20Alert.Janelle_s_iPad.2015-09-09%2014.08.21%20EDT_zps6pitbdb3.mp4">http://vid1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/janellez29/Saltwater/Presence%20Video%20Alert.Janelle_s_iPad.2015-09-09%2014.08.21%20EDT_zps6pitbdb3.mp4</a>

Anyhow - got my blues up today with only about 50% whites. Love being able to check in on the tank. With Presence, you do pay $4.99 a month to be able to have clearer video - guess they've gotta make money somehow.

How do you remotely view your tank?

I use our old cell phones as an ip camera, while we are out of town. What can I say, I'm cheap. Lol

I use a dlink ip camera on my tank. I can remotely view via my apex dashboard, dlink site or the dlink app on my phone.

I use a Foscam FI9826P. Great camera and they have their own app or if you have apex you can set it up to see through there.

I travel allot and thus have full home monitoring. Two of those cameras monitor my DT and then my filtration room.

this model had the barcode, you just download the app and scan the code. It takes you thru the rest. Pretty easy if you want to use there app.

sounds much easier then the one I set up for a customer, and I have a networking background lol

Presence is free. It's just low quality until you kick in some money. I'll try to remember to ask you when I see you next.

tater;1050503 wrote: I use a dlink ip camera on my tank. I can remotely view via my apex dashboard, dlink site or the dlink app on my phone.

Me too.

The best bang for the buck lately are the hikvision mp ip cams. They have all the same features as the $500+ ip cams but around $100 each

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Catgirl29;1050524 wrote: Presence is free. It's just low quality until you kick in some money. I'll try to remember to ask you when I see you next.

I'll show you the setup when you I see you. The quality is actually pretty good. :)

What's your opinion of this one here? And what all would I need in addition? Any other recommendations? I just was to be able to view from my IPAD. Thanks!

TriVision NC-335PW HD 1080P Bullet Waterproof Wireless Outdoor Home Security Camera System Wireless Wifi, Poe Wired, HD 1080P High Definition, DVR Micro SD Card Internet Access, True Day Night Vision, Weatherproof, 90 Degree Wide Viewing Angle, 3 Megapixel lens, 4mm focus length, Email Alerts, Plug and Play Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android Smart Phone, PC and Mac

ref=pd_sim_421_5

Why Wi-Fi? You still have to run power cords. Get a wired one with poe. The poe injector is under $10.

Best value cameras are the hikvision. 2032 or 2132 depending on where it's mounted.

sorry, can you explain "poe"?

I'm not looking for best value, but rather better picture quality.

Power power Ethernet. One cable for both power and for data.

Best value meaning it's the same quality as the $500-700 cameras. 3mp is HD on your tv. You can zoom in and still make out faces better than the best analog cameras

Also these have built in Webb servers for you to connect to fun your phone. Standard IP camera for your iPhone or Android. Also can record via motion and email you while recording off-site, locally to a NAS our can connect to a NVR if you have many cameras.

Back