How often do you change your sediment filter?

civics14

Market
Reaction score
I swear, my previous house I might change it at best twice a year. This new house / new construction home, I have to change it every other month!

carbon filter and di is still annual.

Attachments

• BCAECC76-FFCA-4399-A406-B5F656BDC6B7.jpeg
    BCAECC76-FFCA-4399-A406-B5F656BDC6B7.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 9EAE29C9-4660-4402-961E-A4C076905812.jpeg
    9EAE29C9-4660-4402-961E-A4C076905812.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 6
I change sediment when it starts looking kinda blah. Also i first change sediment when pressure drops. If i change it and pressure doest improve i change everything a month or 2 later after seeing that didnt help. Fyi my tds is 0 the whole time but production of the good sh#t goes way down thats when i change everything. The filters are prolly good fir longer but i hate slow water production

What micron rating is that filter?
You may want to consider using multiple stages, going from larger to smaller in order to lengthen the service interval. Unless you don’t mind doing with what you have?

If you put a pressure gauge after the last carbon canister you'll see the pressure drop. I change it out once there's a 5-10 psi drop.
It's the cheapest of the filters and I buy a bunch on the black Friday sales. I actually buy all the filters then, what I think will last a year.

If you put a pressure gauge after the last carbon canister you'll see the pressure drop. I change it out once there's a 5-10 psi drop.
It's the cheapest of the filters and I buy a bunch on the black Friday sales. I actually buy all the filters then, what I think will last a year.
Same, I buy a case at a time during BF sales as well.

1 micron. I thought about doing that then I would just be replacing two different filters. 😂

I run multiple stages. It matters some whether they are rated in nominal or absolute terms. You can also try different sizes to see where most of the particulates lie, in terms of size, by which filter occludes fastest. I typically run a 5 followed by a 1 micron for pre-filters. The site below is a good read.

Every 6-8 weeks. Which probably means every 250 gallons or so.

Back