How often do you clean your glass?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
Just wondering if my tank is normal. I usually have to clean my glass every three to four days to keep it from being a big chore. I was gone for a 12 day vacation, it looked scary!

I'll scrub it about every 3 days I think. When I'm out of town all week it's pretty bad.

Agreed about every 3 days. From everything I have read, if you don't have to clean it that often you probably don't have enough nutrients for a healthy reef tank. I am sure there are exceptions though.

I also clean it every three to four days. Just quick up and down, left to right with mag-float. However, I do use sponge to clean it once in awhile before doing a water change.

You guys must not over feed like me!! 3-4 days? Lol

Anthias keeping problems...

I hit mine up every day , but only to get a few brown spots here and there. And I'm ocd so no brown spots are allowed.

Bgcoop8784;965416 wrote: about the same here. If it goes more than a week it's ugly as can be. Starts getting on my nerves after about 4 days.

+1, same story here. A week is the absolute longest I can let it go, but it is looking rough at that point.

Magnet cleaner in 3-4 days with MH. A little bit longer with LED's only. I have coralline eating asterina stars, so that helps with how long I can go before scraping the glass. I use to hate them for eating all my corraline at first, but now I really appreciate not having to scrape the back.

Back